Hi! I served a mission in the Sweden Stockholm mission several years ago and am now married to a returned missionary and starting a family.

Please share this blog with others so we can help as many future missionaries as possible. Feel free to add your own advice. I hope this can help many young people preparing to go on a mission, but most specifically, sisters.

Have fun and let me know if you have any questions or any post ideas!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal missionary experiences #3

9/24/2007
   I absolutely love being a missionary! We gave away 3 copies of the Book of Mormon today on our way home from dinner with some members! It makes me so happy! We're really working towards "tala med alla" [talk to everyone] this transfer and Sister Carlson is really good at it. She's only been in Sweden for 2 months yet she still opens her mouth and does her best at preaching the gospel. She's such a great example to me! If she can do it, I certainly can!

9/25/2007
   We have a baptismal date! for Janelle!! Feb. 7th! I'm so excited! She still needs her dad's permission [she was only 15] so we're going to pray and fast with her. "With God, all things are possible"!
   And I want to write about one more thing today... We got home at 8:30pm and still hadn't given away a copy of the Book of Mormon so we decided to go back out for a little while. I ended up stopping this young couple with a baby. We talked to them for 10-15 minutes about the gospel. They're Catholic but not really religious. She took the Book of Mormon and promised to read and pray about it and sounded really interested! We didn't get their number [her husband really didn't seem interested], but still, it makes me so incredibly happy to help wonderful people find the truth. I love being a missionary!

11/27/2007
   What a funny day we had today... hehe. We taught Billy today - He is really interested! He's 20 something, Swedish, AND he believes in God and Christ! It was an awesome lesson. We tracted into this lady today who let us in and then talked about all kinds of crazy things, like how Islam isn't a religion or something. Anyways, it was interesting. [She wasn't the least bit interested, it turns out. Just likes to talk, I guess.] Then we taught this Bosnian family, or rather tried to. We're not sure how much they understood. We ended up walking out with a bag full of fruit, bread, wafers, and this sausage/salami/pepperoni thing that we'll probably never eat. Haha. Life as a missionary...

12/30/2007
   It's interesting to read what I wrote when I was first here in Sweden. It's amazing how far I've come with the language and with being a missionary. It's cool to see how many really hard times I've had and how I somehow got through them every time. I've forgotten how hard it was for me to understand Swedish at first. I can understand almost everything now without concentrating that hard. It's so cool to see how I've changed. I really have grown, I think.

**For Personal missionary experiences part 1, click here.
**For Personal missionary experiences part 2, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm leaving for the Sweden Stockholm Mission next month! I'm grateful for this blog to help prepare me a little bit for what is to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Congratulations! Glad I can help. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

      Delete